Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Down With The Warm and Fuzzies

I can hear you saying "what in hell is she on about?" as you read the title of this blog.  So I will say hello, welcome to the world of angry ants, grumpy granny and other assorted misfits!   I won't introduce myself, instead you will have to continue reading blogs if you wish to know more about me.  Sneaky eh?  I always considered I was techno-savvy, but during the past few months have had my eyes opened rather wide.  I joined the online world of so-called social media.   Namely, that Facepoop thing.

What an education it has turned out to be.  I discovered creatures out of nightmares, and fairytales.  And other disgusting things that  crawl from beneath rotting logs to prey on the innocent and sometimes merely bewildered of the world of netting.   I have heard tales of trolls (yes, you truly have to laugh, there is nothing new under the sun, is there?) and paedos (more on this sub-species at length, later),  and have witnessed some of the vilest acts I can ever recall.   Imagine someone 'stealing' photos of miscarried babies, and putting them on a misnamed 'Group'  with foul and sickening comments about them.   

I have seen acts of the most repellent sort, people trying to destroy other's relationships, happiness and even sanity.  I have been preyed upon by someone trying to gouge me for money.  Over and over again.   Being of a certain age the conscience screeches that maybe this poor unfortunate really does need a hand - but not from me thanks, I don't have the wherewithal and certainly not the inclination. Especially when said person was then seen to spend more than the figure begged for on chat!   Perhaps it is too easy to forget what private doings actually show up on your news?   

Still looking under bridges for the trolls that so many are going on about.  If I find one perhaps it will be like the Grumpy Old Troll in Dora the Explorer, and ask me a riddle!   Maybe I should update you if and when I find one.  I will consider it further.   This whole subject has me fascinated beyond belief, you better believe it.   There still seems to be no consistent explantion of a troll.   I love typing that word, every time I do I have to stop and snigger.

So if you thought that this granny was going to be full of the warm and fuzzies, you better go think again, because this old bird is game, and anti- loadsofthings.   No homebaked cookies or warm milk from me thanks.  If you fall over you get told you aren't hurt, get up!  (Unless you truly are hurt, then you get a cyber hug or two.)   Your new best friend, everyone's gran, is usually on the warpath about something or other, some red tape, some injustice - whatever you can think of I am sure to be fired up about it.

I won't waste your time with details of my latest hair rinse or nail extensions or whatever.  This is serious stuff.   I kid you not, we are going to have a bumpy ride my friends, so buckle up, cause Gran's driving!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha grandma you do make me chuckle :) always cheer me up! X

Carol said...

Thank you Lauren! There is more to come! xx

nels angels said...

Oh Carol, Thank god I know someone special like you, You have a gun & you know how to use it!!! Please teach me, I wish I lived closer to you to come over & pay you a "real visit". Yes I,m serious. Xx

Carol said...

Thank you Nel for your encouragement! I wish I could visit too. Hugs xxx

Chell Cave said...

(: Made me laugh. its great (: x

lisa :) said...

Cant wait to read more! This will be a fab blog, written by a fab lady :) xx

Lucy said...

Oh Carol - you are truly amazing.

Always with the quick witty answers that bring a smile to my face.

x

Steph x said...

Carol this is fab! Cant wait to read more! Much love xxx

Carol said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Still learning here, but I hope I will work out what I am doing xx

xx Laura xx said...

Oh Carol how you always make me chuckle!
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! xx