Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Have A Treat In Store For You!

The next few posts on my blog will, I truly hope, be a huge treat.  I have downloaded some amazing videos from a wonderful website, EHD "The Endowment for Human Development".  It is one of the best and most informative websites I have come across, and contains astounding photographs and videos of what goes in inside the uterus as our baby is growing and developing.

It makes me feel a little like a dinosaur to see the scanned images - and at the same time I am awed and fascinated, as I hope you will be also.  Just think - when I was pregnant with my daughter 35 years ago, there was no such thing as an ultrasound scan being done as a regular procedure during pregnancy.   The doctor listened for my baby's heart with his stethoscope!  To me, hearing my baby's heartbeat was as close to a miracle as I had ever been!  Now there are scans in three and four dimensions!

I hope the videos aren't too jerky.  Put your sound on as well, for information on what you are seeing!

I am sure you will enjoy the short videos I have put on here for you.  Grateful thanks go to EHD for their extreme generosity in sharing these videos freely.




No comments: